Dorset is a rural county in the south of England. The major settlements are Poole/Bournemouth, Weymouth and Dorchester, plus several small market towns. The landscape of the county is mixed, with chalk downs, wide vales, and the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site on the English Channel coast. Read more at Wikipedia.
Latest blog posts about Dorset
- Lines in the landscape: West of England Main Line (3/18/2015)
- Edge of the Vale (1/6/2013)
- Winter fogs past (12/17/2011)
- White Christmas (2/16/2011)
- The Cheese Festival (10/12/2010)
- From here to a promontory (4/5/2010)