Audio collection & trading lists
These lists serve two purposes - a place to catalogue my CDs and live recordings, and a trading list. There are many items on these lists that might not make suitable trading material (i.e. mp3 sourced, studio albums etc), I have made it totally obvious which items those are, but I recomend a quick read over the notes on this page before proceeding, to avoid any confusion.
July 2005: I AM NOT TRADING. I do not have time. My lossless audio collection is an eleven hour flight away, I only have lossy recordings and I really don't have time.
Sep 2004: One of my hard discs died a few weeks ago, taking everything from 'J' to 'Z'. I have the originals of almost everything, but it will take me a while to extract and encode them all again. Most of the CDs are in my parents' loft, so I've currently marked as unavailable those I don't have with me.
Apr 2004: I've put lots of Billy Bragg bootlegs on The Internet Archive audio library, which anybody with broadband can download. Please share alike and add more sets to the archive.
Sep 2003: I now have a Modular Technology DAB PCI card, so my future recordings of Lamacq Live, Peel Sessions, and now also BBC 6 Music and XFM sessions will be in 192kbps (radio1, xfm) or 160kbps (6music) MP2 format. The quality of these broadcasts are at least as good as FM sterio, and there is no recompression. Since the only other sources for these will be FM (except 6music which is DAB only) these will be listed with the non-lossy sets. I can convert these to Audio CDs if you want, otherwise you should opt for the original MP2 files
(these will be single files for the entire set though, as I haven't yet found an MP2 equivalent of CD Wave).
Notes About The Lists
- Alphabetical by First Name
- Dates are in YYYY-MM-DD format.
- Click on the date to get full Source info, tracklisting and artwork (where known).
- Items in greyed boxes are not on my computer - meaning that they're either on ACD on my desk or more likely at my parents house and therefore unavailable.
Key to source:
- Sbd - From Soundboard
- Aud - From Audience
- FMs - Via Sterio FM Radio
- DAB - Via Digital Radio (Original MP2 data - No recompression, same quality as FMs)
- WC - Via Webcast
- MP3 - Via Lossy compression *
- SHN/FLAC - Stored as non-lossy compression ±
- DAB/MP2 - Recorded from a UK/EU digital audio broadcast - these are in MP2 (typically 192kbps) and are lossy, but still better than FM broadcasts
* Audio CDs that are MP3 sourced are not listed. Data CDs of MP3s are listed.
± Since this has no effect on the sound quality this only applies where I still have the original files.
Info and Rules:
For contact details see this page.
Do NOT send me MS Office files, the machine I use for email can not read Office files, if you don't have an online list just copy and paste into the email.
I like to do trades of at least 4 disks and not more than 15 disks at a time, but it's possible that I could be persuaded otherwise.
I use these CDrs
Currently Using: TDK CDrs.
I'm not too bothered about what brand you use, as long as they are branded - you may think there's nothing wrong with generics but they don't start peeling, clicking and breaking untill a year later!
I'm happy to do FTP trades, but I don't have a server of my own.
I won't do Cassette or Mini Disk trades because of the quality loss, and time involved.
I can't do DAT trades.
Though I'm perfectly happy to do Audio CD trades I would much rather have an SHN or FLAC data CD.
Since most people seem to be doing Audio trades, I will assume that's what you want unless you specify otherwise.
I'm in England, will trade with anyone, anywhere.
I'll only do B&Ps for people in the UK, unless you pay for the postage in extra CDs or something.
If you have artwork for any of the shows that I don't have artwork for, I want it! - I don't want print offs though, only original jpg/psd files!
The usual burning rules apply - use DAE when ripping (e.g. EAC) and DAO when burning.
- The Etree Database is a database of live sets and their owners.
- The Tape Trader Network is a database of artists, and their boot's owners.
- Etree has Trader FAQs, SHN FAQs, Music editing programs, links etc.
- Furthur is a Trading P2P for free, easy online bootleg trading
- The Internet Archive audio library has lots of bootlegs to download